Read my blog
FHA/VA Repair List
Types of FHA repairs that must be completed prior to Closing an FHA Loan
- Peeling paint in homes built before 1978.
- Unpainted downspouts and broken rain gutters.
- Rotting out-building in need of demolition.
- Exterior doors that do not properly close and open.
- Exposed wiring and uncovered junction boxes
- Major plumbing issues and leaks.
- Inoperable HVAC systems.
- Water heater is double strapped.
- Gas stove connected to gas line and is in good working order.
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide are properly installed and working.
- Leaky or defective roofs, roofs with a life expectancy of less than 3 years, composition over shake.
- Active and visible pest infestation.
- Rotting window sills, eaves, and support columns on a porch.
- Missing appliances that usually are sold with a home such as a stove.
- Bedrooms without minimize-sized windows or bedroom windows with bars that do not release.
- Foundation or structural defects
- Wet basements
- Evidence of standing water in the crawl space.
- Inoperable kitchen appliances.
- Empty swimming pools without a working pump and pools with mosquito fish.
- Ripped screens.
- No pressure relief valve on water heater.
- Leaning / broken fence.
- There has to be flooring - carpet, tile, wood, laminate, etc. Floor cannot just be a slab of cement or ground.
Go To Top
Contact Me Today
Let's find you the right home at the right price.